Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 22:41:01 +0100
From:      Alexander Finger <finger@bln.de>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to shutdown the laptop...

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.5 on my AcerNote 370pcx Laptop, everything works
fine.... but I can't "zzz" my laptop... if I try, the machine hangs up
completely without any "famous last words...." or something else...

It takes no matter if I try it with or without the APM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK
workaround.

Is there something else I could try?

Reading the man-pages and looking around for HOW-TOs etc... wasn't
successfull /satisfying till now...

I'm not sure if this question is right here (newbie enough or too
technical... // something else) so if I'm completely off-topic, please
give me a hint where I have to ask...

Thanks a lot for your time...

                ...best regards from Berlin...

Alexander