Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:06:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Max T1. Throughput?

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, here.  Couldn't think of a better
forum to inquire in, though.

There seems to be some confusion around our region on what the maximum
throughput of a T1 is.  (Actually, we are on a 1.544Mbps leased SDSL line
from a local ISP.  The package was sold to us as a burstable T1).

My preliminary tests seem to show a segregation between up and
down... Each maxing out at about 96KB/sec when the other is practically
idle.  Not the near-198KB/sec that I think I should be getting.

Is SDSL the key, here?  Perhaps I took "Synchronous" in the wrong
way.  Does "Synchronous" imply UP = DOWN = 1.54Mbps / 2?

Thanks,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2