Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 06:19:57 -0800
From:      John Dyson <dyson>
To:        current
Subject:   Getblk hangs

I have been studying the code carefully, DG and I agree that the "ASYNC"
changes should have no apparent bearing on these problems in current.
Please make sure that you know whether any filesystems have been mounted
async since the last reboot.  I have some *much* more aggressive async
code that had caused no problems for about 1 week  -- it is likely
that there have been some bugs lurking elsewhere for a while.

There have been problems in the clustering code and a minor spl problem
in the vfs_bio code.  Also, any use of the ext2fs would almost certainly be
fatal (eventually) until this last weekends modification.  If you have
had these hangs (neither DG nor I have had any problems, but he and
I only use UFS, NFS (dg only) , and CD9660 occasionally), please try the code
again.  If you find any getblk hangs -- let me know, and I'll supply a patch
that can derive more information from the situation.

John
dyson@freebsd.org