Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:09:55 -0400
From:      "Wallace Barrow" <incin@incin.me>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SAS3008 On FreeBSD 12 wGeli - OS Wont Boot

Hello,

I have a strange issue that I ran into yesterday when installing FreeBSD 12 on a specific SAS card.

CARD: SAS3008

Downloaded FreeBSD 12-RELEASE iso, ran the installer and installed on two SSDs in a mirror and choose to encrypt the drives.

Entered the passphrase and finished the installer, then rebooted.

>From the console it started booting the server and seems to reinitialize the mpr driver and stops booting.

See the screenshot here: http://incin.me/bsd/badgelisas.png

After a minute or so it starts showing 'run_interrupt_driven_hooks still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config' and repeats that over and over.

I reinstalled the server on the SSDs without encrypted drives and things work as normal and can boot into the OS.

--
  Wallace Barrow
  incin@incin.me