Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 1995 20:18:30 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@iqm.unicamp.br>
To:        julian@tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Subject:   Re: Virus Scanner

Julian Elischer said:

> > > 	Please, don't laugh, but I'm using pcemu to run scan or other
> > > scan virus program on the dos files.
> >
> > I won't laugh, but I may bulge out my eyes in sheer disbelief.. :-)
> >
> > 					Jordan
> Is what you are saying, that you have a version of pcemu,
> that runs under FreeBSD, and allows many DOS programs to be run directly?

Yes, under X only but you can have as many pcemu running as you want.
> wheredyagettit?

ftp.cs.bris.ac.uk in pub/users/hedley or users/hedley

> in your experience, what programs run?
> anything USEFULL? like WP or MS-WORD, etc?

Almost all that fit the 8086 model and does not use VGA graphics (this
should be under development) It runs wp5.1 very well, quick basic,
etc, the author as list of software he tested.
It is not fast, it was writen to run under any unix I've tried (AIX,
Solaris, SunOS, OS/F, FreeBSD1 and 2.0) and I think a good DOS/unix
hacker can improve it much.
I've modified it to run under 2.0 but the author has released the
latest version with the modifications.
I think this is a good package to be added to FBSD distribution