Date:      Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:55:41 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        zaphod@fsklaw.com, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tunneling issues

At 03:15 PM 7/3/2008, zaphod@fsklaw.com wrote:
>I have a real poser, and I ccan't solve it.
>
>Currently I have a ipsec vpn tunneling 14 servers through a central server.
>
>I would like to restructure this so that each server talks to each other
>directly, rather than passing everything through a single server.
>
>However, on every other machine I cannot get a second tunnel to come up.
>Not a gre or gif tunnel.  And yet I have 14 on the central machine.

You would need a lot of policies on each of the boxes (14) but there
is no reason it should not work.  Do each of the sites have a unique
subnet ?  Do they have static IP addresses ?

An easier solution might be to use something like OpenVPN which
allows all the boxes to auth and route through a single server, but
they can also talk to each other with a single config option.

         ---Mike