Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:15:41 -0800
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NEWBIE:X is running, where is the popup menu?

Now that I have XFree86 running (or so I think) how do I run programs? I
am used to being able to right click on the mouse and select options
from a popup menu. I am unfamiliar with X. I used it twice at school.
Then I got on the U network. I haven't touched X in a year.

All that I have now is a nice gray pattern and an X. I have been playing
speed racer with the little X. I got tired of driving my RacerX around
the screen trying to catch an imaginary "speed". :)

Upon exiting X I noticed two messages. One stated that "PIE extensions
not loaded." The other said something like "XIE extensions not loaded."
All three buttons on the mouse seemed to be working fine during the
X86Setup routine. So I discard the possiblity of a mouse problem. I
perused the content of X86Config and was unable to tinker my way to
success.
--
Thank you in advance,
Wannabe Sysadmin