Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:58:10 +0000
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgx64 && syscons

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:15:30PM +0000, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>>I have a new Ultra-60 which is cooking up it's first buildworld, and I
>>am also going to be doing it's first new kernel.  I would like to have
>>syscons working, also.  Besides the regular default video, I have a
>>PGX64 ATI XL Rage video card which I would like to use, because I want
>>to use 1200X1600 graphics, and only that card of the two I have, will do it.
>>
>>Can I have syscons alonog with the PGX64 graphics?  If I need to modify
>>the kernel config file, a word or two would be appreciated.
>

> Well, I said to check the mailing list archives where these questions
> are asked and answered at *least* once a week, but I don't think you
> can use that card with syscons on sparc64.

Kris, from looking (via google) at all of the FreeBSD mail AND all of
the FreeBSD manuals, taking about an hour at it, there is extremely
little mention of the pgx64.  The only direct mention I fouond waws
where it was admitted that all of the Blade100's come built-in with
them.  I can't find if it's supported by ANY pf the addmittedly pretty
broad array of video devices, I was looking for the pgx64 name or ATI XL
Rage.

If anyone knows more, it'd be very appreciated.  I have to think that
this card is probably supported somehow, at least I would HATE to have
to buy another really expensive card (that's worth $15, maybe) to get my
video.  I have a 20" LCD screen to drive, 1200X1600.

This feels like a missing item in the docs, at least I really, really
hope so.