Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 2020 23:47:42 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, jhb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fixing audio/oss to use callout instead of timeouts

Hi Hackers (and perhaps John, as the author of r355732, sorry for the dupli=
cate),

I've attempted to use the callout functions instead of the now removed time=
out functions for audio/oss, and I *think* that the code already stores and=
 retrieves the list of handlers, so it should be a simple swap out.

I've made this modification and run the module with mpg123 for a while and =
it hasn't killed my laptop, but I'd just like to check that I have the prin=
ciple correct and haven't missed anything obvious.

Please would you let me know if there is anything else I should have done?

https://www.bayofrum.net/cgi-bin/fossil/oss/vinfo/ad269d7cbc02bf38?diff=3D2

(This is the change I've made to kernel/OS/FreeBSD/os_freebsd.c in oss)

https://www.bayofrum.net/cgi-bin/fossil/oss/vinfo/ad269d7cbc02bf38?diff=3D2=
&dc=3D9999

(This is the whole file with changes highlighted.)

Thanks!

Chris

https://reviews.freebsd.org/rS355732

--=20