Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 23:31:13 -0500
From:      "Adam W. Hawks" <root@pent.vnet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do I set 100MB mode on fxp0

I have a Intel EtherExpress Pro 100b card and can't get it do
talk at any speed but 10MB. What do I have to do to get it in
100MB mode.

I used

    ifconfig fxp0 192.168.0.1 netmask 0xffff0000

to setup my card. That only lets me talk at 10MB.

My setup is a win95 box talking to FreeBSD. If I set
my win95 to 100MB it quits talking.

I have tried making a kernel without bpf's (ugh) with
no success. Looked in if_fxp0 that it was limiting it
to 10MB with those installed in kernel.

Does having bpf's limit it to 10MB?

Hope someone can help answer this.

please mail me directly or on this list.

Adam W. Hawks
awhawks@ibm.com