Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2001 15:25:10 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD Security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFilter and new rc.conf scripts

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 19:40 -0800, echelon wrote:

> PR conf/22859 explains why ipf can't work on tun0
> after reboot. So the ad-hoc solution is to put "ipf
> -y" in /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup.

"ipf -y" is what you need in ppp.linkup -- as well as in
ppp.linkdown -- anyway as soon as you have dynamic IP addresses
on your tun* interfaces.  So I wouldn't call this just "ad hoc"
but more "given almost by default and necessity". :)  This will
make the 0.0.0.0/32 address in your rules work very much like
MYADDR in ppp(8) syntax does.

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net