Date:      Mon, 01 Jun 2015 06:49:50 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <sbruno@ignoranthack.me>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Segfault when linking with -pthread on recent stable/10 ARM [fixed]

On 05/27/15 03:04, Renato Botelho wrote:
> I’m building some packages for arm.armv6 on stable/10 for a while
> using poudriere + native-tools. Last week I updated jails to recent
> stable/10 and started to see the same issue on 2 ports
> (net/openldap24-client and net/ntp). I noted there were a lot of
> ARM MFCs recently so probably we got a regression at some point.
>
> I also created a regular jail, without native-xtools, and result is
> the same:
>
> checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no checking for sched.h...
> (cached) yes checking for pthread_create in default libraries...
> no checking for pthread link with -kthread... no checking for
> pthread link with -pthread... Segmentation fault (core dumped) no
> checking for pthread link with -pthreads... no checking for pthread
> link with -mthreads... no checking for pthread link with -thread...
> no checking for pthread link with -lpthread -lmach -lexc -lc_r...
> no checking for pthread link with -lpthread -lmach -lexc... no
> checking for pthread link with -lpthread -Wl,-woff,85... no
> checking for pthread link with -lpthread... Segmentation fault
> (core dumped) no checking for pthread link with -lc_r... no
> checking for pthread link with -threads... no checking for pthread
> link with -lpthreads -lmach -lexc -lc_r... no checking for pthread
> link with -lpthreads -lmach -lexc... no checking for pthread link
> with -lpthreads -lexc... no checking for pthread link with
> -lpthreads... no configure: error: could not locate usable POSIX
> Threads ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly. Please report
> the problem to delphij@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/wrkdirs/usr/ports/net/openldap24-client/work/openldap-2.4.40/config.
log"

including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
 be
> a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
> your system (e.g. a /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea). ***
> Error code 1
>
> I've collected conftest.c used by configure and also compiler
> arguments used during test:
>
> http://pastebin.com/7hwn9LSW
>
> -- Renato Botelho

Just as a follow up, this was fixed in the current release of
qemu-static-user by Stacey. Juergen has updated the port so you should
be able to pkg update or rebuild to get these fixes.

https://github.com/seanbruno/qemu-bsd-user/commits/bsd-user

sean