Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:32:28 -0500
From:      Jason Hunt <jason.hunt@niicommunications.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dns/fwcmd question

greetings,

I have an internal DNS server running and I would like for
DNS traffic from internet to be able to query for reverse
lookups.

The problems seems to be with my firewall rules.  I have
the following:

$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to 192.168.x.x 53 setup

$fwcmd add allow udp from any 53 to 192.168.x.x 53
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any 53 to 192.168.x.x 53

when I run nmap, port 53 does show up, but its state is
closed.  I can connect to port 53 from the firewall to
the internal DNS machine without a problem, somehow I
am not passing requests on the outside correcting to
the internal dns.  Any help on this issue would be
appreciated.