Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 22:10:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sound almost there.

Brian Anderson wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > from my kernel config
 >
 > > controller	isa0
 > > controller	pnp0			# PnP support for ISA
 > > controller 	snd0
 > > device		sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
 > > device		sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
 > > device		opl0	at isa?	port 0x338
 >
 > dmesg gives me the following about sound:
 >
 > > sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
 > >
 > > NOTE! SB Pro support required with your soundcard!
 > > snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
 > > sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
 > > opl0 not found at 0x338

It says pretty clearly what is missing, isn't it?

 > no mixer. so what do i need to add to get the mixer working? should i be
 > using sbxvi0 rather than sb0?

You should be using sbxvi0 in _addition_ to sb0.  You do have
an SB16, so why don't you just use the driver for the SB16?

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)