Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:04:47 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: Errors during Upgrade netpbm-10.26.64_4 to netpbm-10.35.80_2

--9l24NVCWtSuIVIod

On 2011-Apr-22 14:20:06 +0200, Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net=
> wrote:
>THe current graphics/netpbm port does not compile if there's an older
>version of netpbm installed - /usr/local/include/pm.h from the older
>netpbm takes precedence over the port's lib/pm.h but misses some macros
>(well, it's an upgrade...) as PM_GNU_PRINTF_ATTR(a, b) which then confuse
>the compiler.

Note that just deleting /usr/local/include/pm.h isn't enough to make
netpbm-10.35.80_2 compile so there are more incompatibilities than that.

>pkg_delete -f the old netpbm and re-install the port, worked for me.

Followed by 'portmaster --check-depends' or equivalent to clean up
the dangling dependencies.

Since netpbm isn't solely a leaf port, I believe this warrants an
entry in UPDATING.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--9l24NVCWtSuIVIod