Date:       Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:53:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Bruce M. Walker" <bmw@borderware.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSDDEATH.c.txt (mmap dirty page no check bug)

#1 I'll buy into.  I have actually implemented that for an HPUX-based
MIS system using a Progress db.  All users have their own "playpen"
and cron sweeps up the all-too-frequent cores and printer temps.

#2 is *not* going to cut it when the user homes are NFS-mounted
from a central server(s).  On the other hand, it's a good idea when
the server has more resources than the workstation (terabyte FC-disks
over gigabit ether).

Is this topic not drifting away from being strictly "freebsd-security"?

-bmw