Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:32:10 +0000
From:      Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>, Ian FREISLICH <if@hetzner.co.za>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [TEST/REVIEW] CPU accounting patches

On Thursday 26 January 2006 06:06, Ian FREISLICH wrote:

> I wonder how many people still bill for CPU time?  I'd go for the
> faster context switches.

Almost all major ITO's providers - From SUN, HP, IBM, EDS etc. has offerings
that in some shape or other uses a "Utility model" based upon some sort of
financial model based upon actual CPU/IO etc. usage - It is a major area now
and provides one of the corner stones in the movement towards "Public Utility
models"

So it is very relevant as an area for general improvement and the "historical"
models are not really good enough, for further information take a look a
products as MicroMeasure etc.

Regards
	Thomas