Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:39:26 -0700
From:      Trent Nelson <trent@snakebite.org>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: dev/isp panic (was Re: CAM Target Layer and dev/isp)

On 7/20/12 9:53 PM, "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org> wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 05:22:21AM -0700, Trent Nelson wrote:
>>
>>=20
>> Hrm.  What else would cause 'db>' to show up on the console?
>>Ctrl-Alt-Esc
>> and hitting a breakpoint are all I can think of at the moment -- and
>> neither of those are applicable here.
>
>Is there a serial console attached?  Sending BREAK via serial can also
>do it (or used to anyway), and some terminal servers send BREAK when they
>reset/reboot.

Yeah, the serial port was connected to a console/terminal server -- I had
telnet'd into the relevant port when I saw the 'db>' prompt.  I don't have
'options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER' in my kernel config (which is based off
GENERIC, and it's not in GENERIC), so I doubt that's it.

I'm also convinced my console server (Jetstream 8500) is physically
incapable of actually sending/simulating BREAK/STOP sequences.  I can't
use it for any of my Sun boxes for this reason.

Good suggestion though -- didn't even know 'options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER'
(and ALT_BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER) even existed before your e-mail.

	Trent.