Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:30:08 -0500
From:      Brian Waters <brianmwaters@gmail.com>
To:        Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick question about sound drivers (esp. snd_hda)

Yeah, I have tried all the basic stuff.

At this point, I've basically accepted that solving the problem on my
machine is going to involve a whole bunch of technical stuff that I
don't have the patience for - reading the HDA spec and the codec
datasheet, reading the driver code, and making changes to the driver
and default settings where necessary. (The hardware does work fine
with the Linux kernel.)

So yeah... that's probably never going to happen. I'm still wondering
where the numbers in the names for the device special files come from.

And thanks, Frank.

- BW