Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:40:32 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        freebsd@mrynet.com (FreeBSD list)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS hangs root on today's CVSUP -- Unaddressed issue

> This problem still exists and is a critical issue -- No NFS
> mounts of filesystems from another machine can be made:

I beg to differ.  NFS works just fine for me as a client in -current:

root@zippy-> uname -a
FreeBSD zippy.osd.bsdi.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #2: Thu Jan 25 01:10:31 PST 2001     jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZIPPY  i386
root@zippy-> mount winston:/usr /mnt
root@zippy-> ls /mnt
X11R6   compat  home    lib     libexec mdec    ports   share   tmp
bin     games   include libdata local   obj     sbin    src
root@zippy-> umount /mnt
root@zippy-> ls /mnt
root@zippy->

And just to show that it works as a server too:

root@winston-> uname -a
FreeBSD winston.osd.bsdi.com 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Wed Jan 17 12:26:40 PST 2001     jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com:/a/obj/a/src/sys/WINSTON  i386
root@winston-> mount zippy:/usr /mnt
root@winston-> ls /mnt
X11R6           games           libdata         mdec            share
bin             home            libexec         obj             src
compat          include         local           ports           tmp
doc             lib             lost+found      sbin
root@winston-> umount /mnt
root@winston-> ls /mnt

> Can't anyone suggest a recourse here?

Be easier if it were even reproducible. :)

- Jordan