Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 01:11:51 -0500
From:      Ben Wern <bwern@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPD PAP Problems

I'm attempting to setup PPP Server, and am running into a snag when testing
the
login (with a windows 95 DUN connection). PPPD is reporting "LCP: timeout
sending Config-Requests" and then hangs up. Win95 reports that it cannot
negotiate a compatible set of protocols. (Thanks, Microsoft, for that
descriptive error message.) I have replaced the installed getty, pppd, and
something called
ppplogin from ftp.sol.com's PPPD replacement.

I have the following line in my ttys:

ttyd0	"/usr/sbin/pppd -detach 57600 ttyd0"	dialup	on	unsecure

My options file reads:

	+pap
	crtscts
	modem
	proxyarp
	passive
	192.1.1.20:192.1.1.21 [Yes, I know, the IPs are terrible - test network -
	will be reset]
	defaultroute

and the pap-secrets file is ok (username	*	password).

Any thoughts?

Ben Wern
bwern@ibm.net
PGP public key available, inquire within.
"Fear nothing, for every renewed effort raises all former failures into
lessons, all sins into experiences."