Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:48:27 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Linux Base?

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:50:29 +0400)=
:

> On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:21:12 -0500 Neal Delmonico wrote:

>> linux_base-fc4 with the -rf switches (portupgrade), but that does not
>> seem to help.  I have noticed that the directories pointed to in the
>> /usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf file do not seem to be linux
>
> Those directories are prefixed by LINUX_BASE while searching. So they
> _are_ pointing to linux directories.

To be more correct: the kernel will user /compat/linux (hardcoded) as =20
a prefix... but it doesn't matter here.

>> directories.  Changing them to their Linux conterparts and running
>> /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig does not correct the situation,

You either need to chroot to /compat/linux by hand when running the =20
linux ldconfig, or use the switch in ldconfig to let ldconfig do it.

>> however.  Linux Opera and Mozilla I can do without, but I need the
>> Acroread7.
>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Do you have any non-standard options at your environment
> (i.e. LD_LIBRARY_PATH, path or else)?

An additional variable to check is LD_PRELOAD. Both should not be set.

Make sure you either have linux in the kernel or loaded as a module =20
(yes, you may be sure this is the case, but please check again). =20
pkg_delete/pkg_deinstall every linux port. Make sure you don't have =20
any linux related knobs enabled in make.conf. Remove the /compat/linux =20
subtree completely (rm -rf). This is to make sure you don't have any =20
old files there. Now install acroread and try to run it.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137