Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 12:05:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vikram Khare <vkhare@cyberview.net>
To:        Jack Wenger <info@bentreality.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clients per Bandwidth

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Jack Wenger wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how many virtual domains to put on a 128 ISDN
> connected box. I've got a P133 w/ 64Mb ram, and a good fast SCSI subsystem.
> So, is there a decent way to figure out when I need to move up the bandwidth
> ladder?

	Purchase an ISDN router that is SNMP manageable and run something
like MRTG or Ian Lee's (yes, the man who wrote tin) Router Stats to figure
out how much bandwidth you're using.  You'll need some simple gnu graphic
utilities which you may already have installed.

> In other words, I wanna know how many concurrent requests I can handle. We
> DON'T have anyone dialing in, just hosting web sites.

	There's a site in Baton Rouge called 'www.explorebr.com'.  They
run off a 128k ISDN link to PSI and they'll gross $1 million this year.
Makes you sick doesn't it?

--
Vikram Khare						vkhare@cyberview.net
http://www.cyberview.net