Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2019 09:13:24 +0000
From:      "Dave Cottlehuber" <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: is wireguard available on arm64

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019, at 22:17, Paul Mather wrote:

> You're not doing anything wrong.  According to my quick look on
> freshports.org for the net/wireguard package, it shows a runtime
> dependency on net/wireguard-go, and I don't believe Go currently works
> on FreeBSD/arm64 (though folks on here have said it can be built if you
> do a native build on an actual FreeBSD/arm64 itself---not a QEMU
> cross-build).
>
> There was a thread about building Go and Go-based ports here on
> freebsd-arm not so long ago.  I got the sense from that thread that the
> situation was improving wrt. Go working on FreeBSD/arm64.

Looks like it will land in Go 1.14. There's a go 1.14 beta maybe you can
use this to generate an arm64 binary from another system? I'm not
sure if FreeBSD can directly build go 1.14 from source on arm64 yet.
Let us know ;-)

- https://github.com/golang/go/issues/24715
- https://github.com/golang/go/commit/eeb319a5

A+