Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2022 22:16:59 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: offline install of perl

On Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:06:06 -0400
Ryan Richter <ryan@2solnu.net> wrote:

> I have a machine with a fresh install of freebsd 13.1 which will never
> be conected to the internet.  I need to install perl on it (nothing
> else), but I can only transfer files by usb drive from linux machines.
> This seems like a simple thing, but I've been looking at documentation
> for a long time now and I can't find anything.  pkg looks relevant, but
> it is not actually installed,

	This may help:

<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/215699/how-to-install-and-configure-freebsd-without-internet-access>;

> and anyway I can't find the url of any
> perl 5 package for 13.1 (the pkg servers seems to have directory
> listings disabled).

	The only way I know is from an online FreeBSD box like this:

$ pkg search -Q url perl5
perl5-5.32.1_1
Comment        : Practical Extraction and Report Language
Pkg URL        :
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/quarterly/All/perl5-5.32.1_1.pkg
perl5-devel-5.35.10.22 Comment        : Practical Extraction and Report
Language Pkg URL        :
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/quarterly/All/perl5-devel-5.35.10.22.pkg
perl5.30-5.30.3_1 Comment        : Practical Extraction and Report Language
Pkg URL        :
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/quarterly/All/perl5.30-5.30.3_1.pkg
perl5.34-5.34.1 Comment        : Practical Extraction and Report Language
Pkg URL        :
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/quarterly/All/perl5.34-5.34.1.pkg
unit-perl5.32-1.26.1_1 Comment        : Perl module for NGINX Unit
Pkg URL        :
pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/quarterly/All/unit-perl5.32-1.26.1_1.pkg

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>