Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 22:20:56 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications (was: Development and validation tools...)

> Some FreeBSD users in Japan have wrote, and are writing FreeBSD books
> and magazine articles (last year, people in jp.freebsd.org talked
> about what we lack, and the conclusion is that it's good books and
> localized documentation.  Japanese/Chinese sysinstall, Japanese
> Handbook, and Japanese online manual are the results of this
> discussion).  This is the list of Japanese books and magazines about
> FreeBSD published in the fourth quarter of 1996.
> [Long list of cites which puts American and European efforts to shame]
> Perhaps, now what people need is good English book about FreeBSD :-).

No kidding!

C'mon, all you native writers of english out there, we're being
completely shown up by jp.freebsd.org here, and they probably did more
in the 4th quarter of 1996 than we did for the entire year!  :-)

I think it's time for us to get off the stick, eh guys?  :)

I will commit here and now to having an article in at least one
well-known english language publication before Q2 of '97.  I've also
already committed to helping Walnut Creek CDROM publish a regular
FreeBSD newsletter (for which all contributions will be highly
welcomed, BTW) which will be sent to all people on their mailing list
who've ever purchased a FreeBSD CDROM.

Whomever would like to join me in doing PR this coming year is more
than encouraged to do so.

						Jordan