Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2023 10:05:46 +0200
From:      Ede Wolf <listac@nebelschwaden.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cut off last lines of a document

Am 02.09.23 um 05:37 schrieb lain.:
> On 2023年09月01日 11:37, the silly Ede Wolf claimed to have said:
>> as it again is specific to FreeBSD, so if there is a
>> more universal solution, that would be preferred. Even though this of course
>> is a FreeBSD mailing list.
>
> I should point out that FreeBSD coreutils are not GNU coreutils, so
> there are going to be differences.
> And there are 1000s of different versions of coreutils available,
> because they're so easy to re-create, and each one of them work
> differently.

I am aware of this, that is why I am so thankfull for the sed and awk
solutions provided here. Those are a little bit more handy than a perl
script :)

Of course there are differences between those tools as well, but so far
those seem to have a common playground - the awk as well as sed examples
  so far are working for gnu as well as [Free|Net]BSD. Not even required
to add the --posix flag to gnu sed.