Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2016 22:51:21 -0500
From:      Jim Thompson <jim@netgate.com>
To:        Dominik Schoeffmann <schoeffm@in.tum.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netmap Checksum Offloading

We've focused on just the IP header checksum, but it's possible to add
L4 checksum offload as well.

I asked Luigi why he hadn't included checksum offload (with a library
in software for devices that don't offer a hw offload), and his answer
was that when he wrote netmap, he wanted a fast path to the wire.