Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:48:41 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dialup help (was Re: <none>

What you are asking help on is fairly common.  First off, you dont need to
post this question to the stable mailing list, only questions. Second, use
a subject heading, otherwise people will not look at your question.  I only
looked at it by accident. 3) Check http://www.dejanews.com, click on power
search, for the forms enter in mailing.freebsd.*,comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.*
and search on the relavant key words to your question. You will find many
of postings dealing with the same issue you are dealing with 4) Check the
handbook http://www.freebsd.org. There is a section on what you need.  5)
Provide more information on what your x86 box is. e.g. give the output of
uname -v, and tell people what network cards you are using.  If you had an
ne2000 on your FreeBSD box,

ifconfig ed0 inet 10.10.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

ifconfig <ethernet interface on alpha device> inet 10.10.10.2 netmask
255.255.255.0
And on the Alpha box
route add default 10.10.10.1