Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:16:54 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whither ddb

> `man -k debug` hints at ddb. `man ddb` says it's a better replacement for
> kdb. I've built ddb support into my kernel? Is there supposed to be a

I'm not sure about that question mark there - have you or haven't you?  :-)

`options DDB' is what you need to use to compile DDB into your kernel,
at which point you can invoke it at any time by hitting ctrl-alt-esc.
The system will also drop into the debugger automagically on panics,
which is usually the primary use of it.

					Jordan