Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:17:05 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Micropolis Runs Too HOT!

Thanks for all the relies to my delime. I am trying to get the drive
returned and replaced with a Fujitsu M2954S. They have an excellent
-no excuses- return policy that I have had occasion to use once, so
that takes most of the fear factor out of these situations. I'm also
ordering one of the 5-1/4 inch cooler fans as added insurance. All
of my other drives are 5400's 1-2gb-Micropolis and 2-1gb-Fujitsu with
only the one mentioned problem.

I appreciated the suggestions on cooling requirements and only wish
the manufacture and resellers were as informative. I hope this mess
may help prevent the same problem with others.

Tom