Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:53:50 +0800 (PHT)
From:      rfa@msumain.edu.ph
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD on Laptop

Im just starting out and have installed FBSD on my laptop[DEll inspiron
600m], its a dual boot with WinXp and FBSD RELEASE 5.0.

I think that that FreeBSD successfully probed the power management
features(ACPI) because if I close the lid the thing suspends(my theory)
and when i open it, it's hanged, nothing responds. Can't open new
terminals, can type anything, nothing. its dead.

Does anyone know if I can turn this off? ANd is my theory correct in the
first place(that the machine has been suspended).

I would appreciate any help you guys could give.

I really wish i could understand the power-saving devices on this box.

Yours,

Rommel