Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 15:33:46 -0500
From:      Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
To:        Matthew Amelin <Matthew_Amelin@alpinecsi.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question on LAN SETUP

Matthew Amelin <Matthew_Amelin@alpinecsi.com> wrote:
> could you please tell me about setting up by bsd laptop so I can get on my
> network at work my nic is working and I am pretty knowledgeable about
> tcp/ip I need to know where do I put in my gateway address (the box I am
> trying to get at) and my dns server address so I can get up on the
> network here. Or could you lead me in the right place that has help on
> this kind of this subject "like a specific page"
> thanks you!  you guys are GREAT! and have always been helpful!

Put dns info into /etc/resolv.conf like this:

domain mydomainnamehere.com
nameserver 0.0.0.0

substitute you dns servers ip address for 0.0.0.0

In /etc/rc.conf there should be a defaultrouter variable that you set to
the ip of your gateway.

--
Nathan Ahlstrom                        FreeBSD: http://www.FreeBSD.org/
nrahlstr@winternet.com                 PGP Key ID: 0x67BC9D19