Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 1995 11:53:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de (Julian Howard Stacey)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changed utmp index from 10 to 11

As Julian Howard Stacey wrote:

> To whom it may concern (A kernel person I guess)
> There's some new debug blurting this on my console:
>
>  Jul 31 22:31:53 vector init: port /dev/cua01 changed utmp index from 10 to 11

> Seems to me to be of no general interest ?
> Perhaps it should be inside an #ifdef DEBUG ?

Perhaps you should RTFM? :-)

INIT(8)                  UNIX System Manager's Manual                  INIT(8)

NAME
     init - process control initialization
     init starts a process on the line).  If a line is commented out or delet-
     ed from ttys,  init will not do anything at all to that line.  However,
     it will complain that the relationship between lines in the ttys file and
     records in the utmp file is out of sync, so this practice is not recom-
     mended.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/