Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 17:37:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   NCR or Adaptec?

I'm in the process of speccing up my new PCI wonderbox, and I'm
looking for commentary on the relative merits of NCR 53C810 vs. Adaptec
2940 when it comes to PCI SCSI controllers.

The particular NCR card I'm being quoted on is the ASUS PCI SC200.

I'll be talking to a 4G Seagate Hawk (ST15230N) and a Sony CDU76S
with it initially, and probably an Exabyte EXB8200.

Any comments?  If the Adaptec is worth the extra $300 or so, I'll bite.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[