Date:      9 Feb 1997 17:13:59 -0800
From:      jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with x11/fvwm2 port

In article <199702091748.LAA02070@undquirt.visi.com>,
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@visi.com> wrote:

> I'm cvsupping ports-x11 (tag=.) so I should have the most current.
> (The checksum for fvwm-2.0.43.tar.gz also matched.)  The x11/fvwm2
> port has two patches, patch-ae and patch-af, that seem to have
> problems.

Those patches are dead and shouldn't be in your patches directory.  It's
possible that when you first started using CVSup, those stale files were
still in your tree, so CVSup doesn't think it owns them and thus can't
delete them.  (You _do_ have the "delete" keyword in your cvsupfile, I
hope!)  The easiest way to fix it is probably to remove the whole
patches directory, and do a new CVSup update.

It's a weakness when CVSup adopts an existing tree that there's no
way to tell it to prune out the stale files.  Any file that it
doesn't recognize is just left alone.  I'm thinking about what to do
about that.

John Polstra