Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:47:57 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        John Angelmo <john@veidit.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still no XFree86-4

At 11:09 PM +0200 7/20/02, John Angelmo wrote:
>Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>At 11:14 AM +0200 7/20/02, John Angelmo wrote:
>>>make: don't know how to make /usr/X11R6/bin/ucs2any.pl. Stop
>>>*** Error code 2
>>
>>This program ("/usr/X11R6/bin/ucs2any.pl") should have been
>>installed by the port XFree86-clients-4.2.0_2
>
>Well if I install XFree86-4-clients before XFree86-4 then
>everything works, perhaps this should be fixed in the XFree86-4
>metaport since most ppl start building from the metaport and not
>the client?

If you have no X installed, and you install the meta-port, then
everything seems to work correctly.  It did for me, at least.
It's when you have *some* parts of X installed that the meta-port
can be confused on what you do and do not have installed.

Perhaps the port should be changed to also include ucs2any.pl, and
to make XFree86-4-clients if it is not there.  I'm not sure how
easy that is to do, though.  (I do not work on these ports, so
all I have is a wealth of ignorance to back me up... :-)