Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:07:06 -0400
From:      /dev/nothin <nothin@netquest.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dialup dynamic ppp

Well.. I followed the instructions for a dialup dynamic ppp connection in
the FreeBSD handbook word for word, but when the scripts were executed with
ppp -auto provider, I received an error saying somthing like no destination
found in conf and it dosn't even dial out. When I just type ppp.. term..
atdtNUM-BERS... its connects goes into ppp packet mode, then I type shell
and ifconfig -a and it says I have a inet connection over tun0 and it lists
my assinged ip and the gateway, but when I try to ping any of netquets boxes
or netquests providers boxes, I just get the typical "no route to host
error" I am pretty sure I have /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf configed
correctly, if you could shed any light on this matter I would be extremely
greatfull..

/dev/nothin