Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:37:43 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9?= Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FBSD Doc project <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] (partial) patch to clean up authors.ent / developers.ent duplication

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:37:41AM +0100, Ren=E9 Ladan wrote:
> > Thanks very much for starting this.
> >=20
> > Unless there is objection from anyone, please feel free to create
> > a projects branch for these changes.
> >=20
> Which triggers some questions:
> - is projects/ open for normal committers?

Yes.  It seems many people missed the announcement.  :\

Shortly after the SGML->XML conversion, hrs@ opened projects/ and user/
spaces.

> - what would be a suitable name? "entities" comes to mind, in which we
> could also do a "FreeBSD" -> "&os;" sweep later.

I've never been big on "what should we call it?" type of things.  :-)
"entities" is fine, in my opinion, since as you point out, after the
authors.ent/developers.ent merge, that branch can be used for a full
sweep to consistify &os; usage.

> - since I do not have a full doc bit, do I need approval for every
> commit to projects/ (and at some point the final merge) ?
>=20

As the branch is not "production", I would say you should not need
approval to commit there.[1]  I do think a final call for review should
be done prior to the merge.  As far as approval goes for the final
merge, I will approve the commit for you when it is ready.

Glen

[1] I will check with other doceng@ folks to see if there is any
disagreement on this, and will follow up if necessary.

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--