Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:44:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   One more pkg non-default-please edge-case reasoning...

I should explain opposition to the deprecation of /var/db/pkg
more fully (assuming it is to be obsoleted by pkg)...
I am accustomed to using the /lookat/ port to view text files (such
as +CONTENTS.)  Multiple times weekly, I use its 's' key to
search (a dialog box appears)

bin
so

etc.
This side of simple. (Additionally, a nice white-on-blue readability).
Never got used to the search keys in "less" etc.  So the flat files
here serve a purpose I surmise is not that common.
And figuring out which  category /editors/ etc (the pkg-plist equivalent) is
way slower in many cases.
A reason to retain that particular usability... til/when I/someone
notices a workaround.

J. Bouquet