Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:45:52 -0500
From:      Jay Aikat <jaikat@email.unc.edu>
To:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 and PERC 5i controller

Thanks for your response.  Yes, unfortunately, the DAG software for the DAG card
we wish to use on this machine supports 5.4, but has not been thoroughly tested
for more recent versions of FreeBSD.  We could use Linux, but I prefer FreeBSD.

I am exploring switching the PERC 5i with a PERC 4 controller on this machine
(it's a Dell Poweredge 2900).  The PERC 4 is supported in 5.4