Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:43:39 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFR: Generalized power-management interface

Hi,

I've update the patch based on some comments so far and added wmpm
(actually ACPI support for wmapm which is utility for WindowMaker)
ports files as a example.

http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/power-20010113.tar.gz
http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/acpi/wmpm-20010113.tar.gz

Note that ioctl number for power device have been changed, so rebuilding
your kernel and recompiling lib/libpower/ and usr.sbin/power/ are needed.
Added API is;

u_int    power_get_pm_type(void);

I'll get device major number for /dev/power and commit them within a
few days if no objection.

Thanks