Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:38:35 -0800
From:      "Michael J. Ruhl" <mruhl@cisco.com>
To:        Tony Li <tli@juniper.net>
Cc:        chrismar@readington.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current Ethernet recommendations?

--------------F6176DC23E2F8FA76E3C89C5

Tony Li wrote:

> |  When I asked that question about 8 months ago the answer was an Intel
> |  EtherExpress 10/100+.  It works great, but it was a little on the pricey
> |  side: $90.
>
> I'd be more than happy to do that, but they seem to be falling off the face
> of the earth as there's a new generation of NICs out there that are much
> more cost effective.  As a result, that NIC is no longer at Fry's.
>
> Next suggestion?

I have an EtherExpress 10/100+ and went to get the latest Win95 driver
for it a couple of months ago, and there was a note that said that Intel
is dropping this card from there line of cards.

I just visted the Intel web page, and I can't find EtherExpress 100s
listed
anywhere. :(

The latest one is Intel Pro/100.

Mike
--------------F6176DC23E2F8FA76E3C89C5

begin:vcard
n:Ruhl;Michael J.
tel;fax:(831) 457-5208
tel;work:(831) 457-5423
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.employees.org/~mruhl
org:Cisco Systems;Cisco by the Sea
adr:;;101 Cooper St.;Santa Cruz;California;95060;U.S.A.
version:2.1
email;internet:mruhl@cisco.com
title:Tall Blonde Guy
x-mozilla-cpt:;-21152