Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:37:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   100dpi etc fonts and X

Hi, netscape looks ugly, so I am trying to play with Greg Leheys tips from
demon news. There, sorry, no URL, its an old file from my harddrive, he
suggests changing the order of the lines in fontpath:

<<

        December 1999 Search Site Submit Article Contact Us Join Us
                                Merchandise

Living with Netscape

  by Greg Lehey, grog@FreeBSD.org

[snipp]

   So how do you tell the X server to use 100dpi? In the X server
   configuration file /etc/XF86Config, you'll find the following lines
   close to the top:

[snipp]

   These lines define a search path like the PATH environment variable
   that your shell uses to find executable programs. The way the file is
   set up, the server will find the fonts in the 75dpi directory if
   they're there. To make it search the 100dpi fonts first, change the
   order of the lines:

    FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
    FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
    FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
    FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"

But I dont have such lines in /etc/XF86Config. My file looks like this:

<<

# XF86Config auto-generated by XF86Setup

[snipp]

Section "Files"
   RgbPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
   FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled,
     	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc,
      	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

How should I change things ? The 100dpi font is installed, but it doesnt
appear in XF86Config.

Maybe this manipulation would also be good for acroread etc....

Heiko