Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:22:02 -0000
From:      "Grant Beckerleg" <grant@vbc.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ECC formatting

Hello there,
                   I am trying to get a DPT 3444UW scsi controller to
allow me to format my RAID array for ECC - 528bytes per sector instead
of 512.

The DPT 'Storage Manager' software does not allow the option for ECC
formatting. The drives used are IBM Ultrastar 9ES 4.5Gb and both IBM
and DPT say they are compatible with the card.

I think it is a jumper setting on the hard drive that is required -
but neither company has taken the trouble to document this. I have the
jumpers set correctly for the scsi bus ID's.

Any ideas people?
Rgds,
Grant Beckerleg         VBCnet GB Ltd       http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316     fax +44 117 927 2015