Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:07:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New scheduler - Interactivity fixes

    It seems to me that the correct solution is to use the SYSINIT mechanism
    to allow multiple schedulers to be loaded into the kernel, and choose
    one as a default (aka sched_4bsd) either with a flag in the SYSINIT or
    simply by order.

    Then a boot variable could be used to override the default and allow
    one to choose a particular scheduler.

    The work required to do this is minor.  We need only structuralize /
    vectorize the few global procedures in sched_*() and then declare
    them static.

						-Matt