Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:00:34 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Alfred and Trish crap

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 12:05 pm, Trish Lynch wrote:
| has now been taken offlist, if he wants to feel free to air dirty laundry
| on-list, I don't honestly.
|
| Sorry for the disruption, I will however publically apologize that I said
| something that he took offense to in defense of him.

I certainly read it as a compliment, but it's nice of you to apologize anyway.

| Being the one who does "grunt" work is a thankless job, and I was
| attempting to bring some attention to it. Its like the Marines,
| first-in-last-out. But I realize that my ramblings at 3 am may have
| offended, and for that I'm sorry. It was not meant to be an attack or
| anything else. But since this has no happened, I have decided to also
| leave the BSD community. With a baby on the way, and a family to deal with
| soon, I really have no time for the petty arguments and politics happening
| lately. I hope that my last few years helping out in the advocacy areas
| was productive.

Of course nobody begrudges you favoring family over O/S, and petty arguments
can wear on one, but please . . .

| Sorry that I gave "Mr. Hotmail" what he wanted, but I don;t have time for
| this.

Just ignore it.  Responding (directly or indirectly) to a troll like "Mr.
Hotmail" like this is just a crying shame.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go