Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:58:15 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Anthony Hoelzle' <pentium@cio.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: nmbd and samba

That you got the step 8 implies that steps 1-7 were successful?

Verify that nmbd is running on the system.  Type "ps a | grep nmbd".
Obviously if nothing is found than it is not running.  You may want to try
running it manually.  I belive it is in /usr/local/sbin/nmbd but I could be
wrong, I'm not at my freebsd machine right now.

Up the debug setting in the smb.conf to 3 and check the log files to see if
you can find any errors.

Is the netbios name of the samba server the same as it's hostname?

Did you try the other 3 suggestions on that page or did you just choke on
the 1st suggestion?

What was the exact error message returned when you tried test # 8?
-Chris