Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:02:13 +0200
From:      Mark Stapper <stark@mapper.nl>
To:        Jeronimo Calvo <jeronimocalvop@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI HD 4550 xorg.conf "radeon" driver

--------------enigDD2F497E42FA38010CE5E00C

Jeronimo Calvo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am setting up a fresh installation of Freebsd on a EMT64 machine...
> everything is working smooth so far, but im wondering some things about=
 the
> 3D support from my graphic card, i bought that card few weeks ago (stup=
id me
> i didnt read about ATU support under FreeBSD before...) but btw i can n=
ot
> step back... Im trying to get 3D aceleration for that card... noticed t=
hat
> after setting up X11 xorg.conf... Driver used is "radeon", I'd been rea=
ding
> about the possibility of using others... what is the best option? I not=
iced
> that im unable to set activate the desktop affects, that makes me wonde=
r...
> that 3d is not working properly innit??
>
> Can somebody help me with this??
>
> Cheers fellas!
=2Eorg"
>  =20
Hello,

In order to help you we need some more information regarding your system
and setup.
First of all: which hardware are you using exactly? Most importantly the
make and model of you graphics card.

Second: which version of FreeBSD are you using? Preferably, post the
output of the following command:
uname -a

Besides that I would give the redeonhd driver a go.
I don't have much experience with these though, As i have an Nvidia card
(amd64 support please!! :'( )
Greetz,
Mark