Date:      01 Apr 2003 18:30:08 +0300
From:      Alexandru Balan <Alexandru.Balan@iNES.RO>
To:        rofug@rofug.ro
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [rofug] FYI: FreeBSD 5.0 under VMWare 2.0.4

--=-R9Qk2R1BT5hHGn711+nB

I installed the latest stable vmware on several architectures running 2k
and XP and installed linux (slackware), netbsd and freebsd. I installed
vmware on similar machines running linux (slackware) and FreeBSD, and as
guest i installed netbsd (on slack), win98 (on slack), slack (on
freebsd) freebsd (on freebsd - actually i booted the host fbsd in the
virtual machine :> ). I don't want to sound too objective but
performances were way better when running vmware on linux and fbsd then
on 2k & XP. Same thing goes for configurability (bridging more then one
netcard for example). Recently i installed linux in vmware on an XP
host. I have to wait about 2-3 minutes for the XP host to initialize its
netcards in order to properly start the linux guest (installed as a
router for the local network there), and i had to guess how to setup
bridging as there was no documentation about bridging more then one
netcard

I end my statement here (no, i don't care if it's incomplete and without
more arguments)

--
Jay